Youth – Sierra Kids/Camps – Activity/Site Attendant I
Youth - Sierra Kids/Camps - Activity/Site Attendant I
Work at Sierra Kids Before and After School Programs at various WCSD sites and School Break Camps.
- Parks and Rec Specialist Band I
- Positions in this band have direct supervision available.Work tasks are routine, repetitive, and/or narrowly defined.
- Less than 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or
- 233 hours or more in a quarter with a maximum of six months employment or
- Not to exceed 1,039 work hours within any fiscal year
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors participant activity during program & facility hours.
- Greets customers, answers phone, and provides customer service.
- Leads participants in activities & directs facility use as assigned.
- Inspects facilities to ensure safe conditions.
- Prepares facility as assigned.
- Performs light equipment maintenance.
- At city facilities, may be assigned to collect user fees and payments.
- May be assigned to use a computer and/or cash register for recording cash transactions.
- Monitors facility entry and registration area.
- Checks and organizes supplies used for activity and facility.
- Secures doors, windows and surrounding areas when departing activity site.
- Performs recordkeeping activities.
- Sets up and takes down equipment.
- Provides first aid supplies to the injured and calls EMS if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- May work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Age: 15
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted online at reno.gov/jobs. Applications are also available at Parks and Recreation facilities.
For more information, call the Youth Office at 775-334-4280.
Taking applications until positions are filled.