Utility Construction Project Manager
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Utility Construction Project Manager in the Department of Utility Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under limited supervision, manages construction, start-up, and hand-over of Department of Utility Services Capital Improvement Program (CIP) projects such as water, wastewater, and reclaimed water conveyance systems and treatment facilities including budgeting, scheduling, selection of professional services, programming, design, contract documents, bidding, and onsite construction management; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements.
Click here to learn more about the Utility Services Department.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson.
Salary placement for non-represented positions is based on a comprehensive compensation review and takes into consideration the candidate's qualifications as well as internal equity.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in construction management, civil engineering, or a related field
- Five (5) years of professional level construction project management experience, having responsibility for coordinating all phases of construction
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Desirable: Current work experience managing utility capital improvement projects.
- Desirable: Licensed as a Professional Engineer or Certified Construction Manager in the State of Nevada.
Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
*Please attach your documents to the "Attachments" section of your application, click here for attachment instructions.
Oral Board Interview (Weighted 100%) - Tuesday, September 12th, 2023
Selection Interview - Thursday, September 14th, 2023
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
CITY OF HENDERSON, NEVADA
Full-Time Regular Non-Represented
Position Benefits Summary
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance - $50,000 or one times annual salary, whichever is higher.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medicare - Employee and City each pay 1.45%.
- Employer paid membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- No Social Security tax on employee's wages.
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) program.
- Service based retiree health insurance subsidy.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO)
- From date of hire, employee is credited with a minimum of 18 days* of PTO prorated by the number of full months remaining in the calendar year, not including the month of hire. In January of each year, employee will be provided with a lump sum annual allocation of PTO as follows:
- Second year through fifth calendar years of service- 22 days
- Sixth year through twelfth calendar years of service - 26 days
- Thirteenth calendar year of service and beyond - 30 days
*Actual number of days of PTO granted may vary by position.
- Four consecutive days of leave, with pay, per occurrence, to attend funeral for immediate family member.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Holidays that fall on a day the employee is not scheduled to work will be banked. Employees may accumulate up to 152 hours of banked holiday hours at any given time.
- Employee credited with two (2) floating holidays at the beginning of each calendar year. If hired prior to July 1, employee will be credited with two (2) floating holidays and if hired between July 1 and October 31, employee will be credited with one (1) floating holiday.
- Four day, 9.5 hour work day, 38 hour work week.
- Four day, 10 hour work day, 40 hour work week for Police PERS positions.
- IRC 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- IRC 401A Deferred Compensation Plan (new/re-hired employees only)
- IRC125 Plan Flexible Benefits Plan
- Cancer/Catastrophic Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity and Credit Protection
- Employee Network Membership
NOTE: Benefits subject to change based on the discretion of the City Manager or City Council.
Closing Date/Time: 9/5/2023 3:00 PM Pacific