Senior Systems Support Analyst
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Senior Systems Support Analyst in the Department of Information Technology. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
This is the advanced level of the System Support Analyst series. Under general supervision, performs complex systems analysis, architecture, engineering, management, and operations work in support of mission critical technology systems; and performs related duties as assigned. Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Four (4) years of experience in design, implementation, and support of enterprise-level systems and/or custom software development.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Must pass one (1) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification as determined by management and aligned to job duties within 12 months from date of hire.
- Other certifications for vendor provided commercial off the shelf software for supported products may be required.
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
Oral Review Board (Weighted 100%) - Tuesday, March 17, 2020
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview - Wednesday, March 18, 2020
(Top Scoring Candidates from Oral Review Board)
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada or available via SKYPE to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
Closing Date/Time: 2/26/2020 5:00 PM Pacific