SENIOR MANAGEMENT ANALYST (DIVERSITY AND EEO INVESTIGATOR)
ABOUT THE POSITION
Clark County is seeking an experienced, results-oriented investigator to join the Office of Diversity (OOD) as a Senior Management Analyst/Investigator. This position will conduct investigations involving highly sensitive Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) complaints related to discrimination, harassment, and other workplace employment matters. This position also provides guidance to departments and citizens involving requirements under Section 504/Title II of the Rehabilitation Act.
The ideal candidate will have investigative experience that aligns with the duties of the Office of Diversity, which include but is not limited to:
- Conducting investigations involving EEO complaints
- Assessing ADA requests for workplace accommodations
- Interpreting and properly applying Fair Employment Laws, State Statutes, and County Policies
- Developing investigative plans and interviewing involved parties
- Preparing clear and concise reports
- Conducting county-wide training sessions related to Fair Employment
This position may be assigned to supervise professional, technical, or support staff.
This examination will establish an Open Competitive Eligibility list to fill current and/or future vacancies that may occur within the next six (6) months or may be extended as needed by Human Resources.
Human Resources reserves the right to call only the most qualified applicants to the selection process.
Applications received by August 4, 2023 and candidates meeting minimum requirements will receive notification the week of August 7th. Applications received after August 4, 2023 will be periodically screened for minimum qualifications and notification dates will vary.
This position is salary-exempt and excluded from membership in the union.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree with major course work in business administration or public administration or a related field, AND four (4) years of full-time professional experience in performing administrative, budgetary, operational or similar analyses and studies. Professional level experience that has provided the skills and knowledge necessary to perform all job functions at this level may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis to a maximum of two years.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see attached resume" on your application.
Licensing and Certification: Specified positions may be required to possess a valid Nevada Class C driver's license at time of appointment.
Background Investigation: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Periodically after employment background investigations may be conducted.
Pre-Employment Drug Testing: Employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug examination.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Provides complex and sensitive management and programmatic support to the County Manager, Board of Commissioners and/or a major department.
- Assists in developing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the department or program to which assigned; coordinates budget development for the function(s) and administers expenditures for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develops and implements funding and staffing requirements for the programmatic area to which assigned; prepares grant and alternative funding requests; monitors activities and ensures that all programmatic and reporting requirements are met.
- Plans, organizes, and directs complex administrative, operational, budgetary or other studies with County-wide or major internal operational or funding impact.
- Reviews and analyzes alternatives and makes recommendations regarding such matters as organizational structure, team and quality improvement alternatives, budget development and administration, staffing, facilities, productivity, policy, procedure, legal and regulatory development, and implementation.
- Performs specific County management support activities such as coordinating and preparing Board agenda items, conducting studies, preparing responses for Commissioner-generated requests, reviewing and assessing proposed legislation, and representing the County, the department head and others as specified.
- Confers with and represents the department and the County in meetings with staff from other departments; represents governmental, community, business, professional, and public agencies.
- Provides liaison and staff support to a variety of committees and commissions.
- May provide project or ongoing leadership or direct supervision to professional, technical or support staff, including work assignment, training, and review of work.
- Depending upon assignment, may provide input into selection, evaluation, disciplinary and other personnel matters; may sign evaluation forms and counsel employees as required.
- Directs the maintenance of and/or maintains accurate records and files related to the areas of assignment. Prepares a variety of technical, statistical, and narrative reports, correspondences and other written materials.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Uses standard office equipment, including a computer, in the course of the work; specified positions may drive a County or personal motor vehicle to attend meetings and visit work sites.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting, use standard office equipment, and be capable of traveling to and from various work sites or other County locations; specified positions may be required to drive a motor vehicle in order to attend meetings and visit various work sites; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
Come Make a Difference and Join the Clark County Family where we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Flexible Schedules including 4/10 options
- More Money in Your Pocket
- 100% Employer Paid Defined Benefit Retirement
- No Social Security Deduction
- No State Income Taxes
Two Employer Sponsored Health Plans Offered - Choice of PPO or EPO (hybrid of HMO)
- Medical - Employer pays 90% of premium
- Pharmacy Benefits (30, 90-day retail or mail order fills)
- 24/7 Telephone Advice Nurse - no employee cost
- Teledoc, Doctoroo, and Dispatch Health
Retiree insurance - eligible after 5 years of service Dental Vision Life Insurance - Employer Paid AD&D - Employer Paid Long Term Disability - Employer Paid Generous Leave Accruals that include:
- 13Paid Holidays includinga Floating Birthday Holiday
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
Other leave options
- Catastrophic Leave
- Parental Leave - Up to 90 days
Wide Variety of Voluntary Benefits that include
- Guardian - Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Trustmark - Permanent Life Insurance benefits and long-term care.
- Sunlife Financial - Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance
- TASC - Flexible Spending Account - FSA & Dependent Day Care Debit Card Available
- Morgan Stanley - Deferred Compensation Plan
Employee Assistance Program Onsite Fitness Center - $12/month*Benefits vary and are subject to change depending on assignment, hiring organization and bargaining unit.
Closing Date/Time: 9/19/2023 5:01 PM Pacific