SCADA Network Specialist-Certified
Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that offers a work-life balance? Are you highly skilled and motived to make a difference? If so, the City of Henderson is hiring for a SCADA Network Specialist-Certified who will support the Department of Utility Services! This is an open continuous recruitment and testing of applicants will occur on an ongoing basis.
Under general supervision, the selected incumbent will perform complex functions associated with the architecting, engineering, implementation, securing, and maintenance of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system network communications infrastructure, and performs related duties as assigned for the Department of Utility Services.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements.
Click here to find out more about the Department of Utility Services .
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a closely related field
- Three (3) years of full-time experience in network system engineering
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Must possess a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification at time of appointment and maintain certification at own expense as a condition of continued employment
- Desirable: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Server Infrastructure Certification
- Desirable: SysAdmin, Audit, Network, and Security (SANS), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Security Essentials (GSEC) Certification or similar cybersecurity certification.
- Desirable: Experience with data communications via Radio Frequency (RF)
Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Current Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certification (please attach your certificate to the "Attachments" section of your application, click here for attachment instructions)
Practical/Performance Examination (Weighted 60%) - To Be Announced
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Oral Board Interview - (Weighted 40%) - To Be Announced
(Top Scoring Candidates)
Selection Interview - To Be Announced
(Top Scoring Candidates)
All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada and/or available via Microsoft Teams to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates the assessments take place. Candidates will be notified of their status in the recruitment process and updates will be provided regarding scheduling examinations and interviews as that information becomes available.
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/ physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous