Sales Coordinator (Destination Group Sales)
This position is located in the Las Vegas area.
The Destination Group Sales Department works to retain and expand corporate and association group business to Las Vegas. As the first contact for the Destination Group Sales Team, the Sales Coordinator is key in supporting strategic initiatives involving the hotel and mission partners, industry partners, vendors, the Las Vegas Convention Center, and internal LVCVA customers. This position executes both administrative and operational sales tasks in support of team goals to recruit and retain corporate and association group business to the destination.
The Sales Coordinator position supports the sales team by planning and coordinating departmental sales projects and events, administering sales and client systems, providing administrative support, and delivering exceptional service to internal and external customers of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.
What You'll Do:
Keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive.
- Plan and coordinate efforts of various departmental projects and events: Sales Missions, Fams, Client Development Events, contest logistics (if applicable), senior-level client meetings, etc., at the direction of the department leadership.
- Provide front-line service to internal and external customers and provide accurate and timely information to elevate department service levels.
- Accurately and timely maintain departmental sales systems in coordinating and tracking of client information, promotional item inventory, client redemption requests, etc., with the Sales team.
- Provide administrative support: create, proof, and send professional correspondences; process contracts; administer the budget, invoices, and payments; process mail and deliveries; order promo items and office supplies; schedule travel and client meetings; and conduct site inspections (if applicable), etc.
- Research and compile monthly and quarterly reports for management and mission partners to track tasks, monitor goals and outcomes, and identify trends and key performers as needed.
- Develop and implement efficient work processes per LVCVA policies and under supervisor guidance.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two years of experience in event or project coordination and a minimum of one year of related secretarial or administrative experience
- Destination marketing, resort industry, or special events coordination experience preferred
- Ability to primarily work in the sales office or remotely as assigned
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and other departments
- Ability to learn, retain, and follow specific operational guidelines, rules, and policies
- Thorough attention to detail in composing and proofing materials and data entry
- Exceptional time management, organization, and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Above average written and verbal communications skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from diverse groups of managers, clients, vendors, customers, and the general public
- Demonstrate commitment to valuing differences among individuals and a passion for being inclusive
- Possess strong knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft Office products, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- May be required to work outside regular working hours
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the LVCVA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.