Sales Coordinator (Airline Service and Global Sales)
The Airline Service and Global Sales Departments are responsible for developing and executing timely and innovative programs that drive destination awareness and measurable visitation from targeted international markets by promoting Las Vegas' products, services, and value proposition.
Global Sales provides a structured and fully integrated sales and marketing promotion program complementing Airline Service Development, Public Relations, and Digital Engagement. This alignment allows maximum success in filling aircraft seats and driving incremental visitation to Las Vegas.
As the first contact, the Sales Coordinator is key in supporting Global Sales Executives, our global offices and representatives, our hotel and mission partners, and internal LVCVA customers.
The Sales Coordinator position supports the sales team by planning and coordinating departmental sales projects and events, administering sales and client systems, providing administrative support, and delivering exceptional service to internal and external customers of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.
What You'll Do:
Keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive.
- Plan and coordinate efforts of various departmental projects and events: Sales Missions, Fams, Client Development Events, contest logistics (if applicable), senior-level client meetings, etc., at the direction of the department leadership.
- Provide front-line service to internal and external customers and provide accurate and timely information to elevate department service levels.
- Accurately and timely maintain departmental sales systems in coordinating and tracking of client information, promotional item inventory, client redemption requests, etc., with the Sales team.
- Provide administrative support: create, proof, and send professional correspondences; process contracts; administer the budget, invoices, and payments; process mail and deliveries; order promo items and office supplies; schedule travel and client meetings; and conduct site inspections (if applicable), etc.
- Research and compile monthly and quarterly reports for management and mission partners to track tasks, monitor goals and outcomes, and identify trends and key performers as needed.
- Develop and implement efficient work processes per LVCVA policies and under supervisor guidance.
What We're Looking For
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two years of experience in event or project coordination and a minimum of one year of related secretarial or administrative experience
- Destination marketing, resort industry, or special events coordination experience preferred
- Ability to primarily work in the sales office or remotely as assigned
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and other departments
- Ability to learn, retain, and follow specific operational guidelines, rules, and policies
- Thorough attention to detail in composing and proofing materials and data entry
- Exceptional time management, organization, and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Above average written and verbal communications skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from diverse groups of managers, clients, vendors, customers, and the general public
- Demonstrate commitment to valuing differences among individuals and a passion for being inclusive
- Possess strong knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft Office products, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- May be required to work outside regular working hours
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the LVCVA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Total compensation at the Authority consists not only of the salary paid, but also of the various benefits offered, such as group health and life insurance and retirement plan. Depending on the type of insurance selected, adding these benefits increases an employee's total compensation from between 30 to 40 percent.
NEVADA PERS RETIREMENT PROGRAM
- 100% EMPLOYER PAID
NO SOCIAL SECURITY TAXES WITHHELD
INSURANCE - 100% Employer Paid
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Rx Insurance (employees and dependents)
- Life Insurance - $15,000plus an amount equal to your annual base salaryup to a max of $125,000
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
VOLUNTARY INSURANCE - Employee Paid
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA & Dependent Care FSA)
- Pet Insurance
- 12 per year, includes birthday
PERSONAL TIME OFF (PTO)
ANNUAL MERIT INCREASE - July
- Ambassadors are eligible for an increase to base pay based on achievement of performance measures.
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE INCENTIVE
- Ambassadors are eligible for a performance bonus based upon achievement of goals and successes.
DEFERRED COMPENSATION (IRS Section 457)
- Employee Assistance Program
NOTE: Benefits subject to change based on the discretion of management