Recreation Centers – Front Desk Staff
Position Location(s): Neil Road Recreation Center, Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center (may also include Plumas Gym)
- Parks and Recreation Specialist
- Positions in this band may work somewhat independently. Work tasks have variety and require judgment.
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors building during rentals.
- Greets customers and provides customer service.
- Observes patron behavior and enforces policies, rules, regulations.
- Processes participant requests and incident reports.
- Keeps an orderly facility and customer service area.
- Reminds renters, event producers and guests of terms of agreement and conditions of use. As assigned, works the front desk using a computer to collect user fees, payments, registrations, and reservations for recreational facilities and programs, reserves facilities and processes credits, transfers and refunds.
- Performs record keeping on customer activities and staff work schedules as assigned.
- Provides information on department activities to the public.
- Inspects recreational facilities and equipment to insure proper maintenance and safe conditions.
- Performs light maintenance and litter pick up as needed.
- Sets up and dismantles equipment.
- Secures doors, windows and surrounding areas when departing facility.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking, standing, and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- Alcohol may be present at rentals.
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Six months paid work experience in park/event or recreation facility operations
- Licenses: Valid driver's license
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications and the Job Description are available at Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center-1301 Valley Road. Employment Applications are also available at other Parks and Recreation facilities. Applications may be submitted on-line .
For more information call the Evelyn Mount Northeast Community Center 334-2262.
Taking applications until position is filled.