Program Supervisor-Craig Ranch Regional Park
This position is located at the Craig Ranch Regional Park
JOB SUMMARY :
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for development and instruction for a variety of specialized programs and is responsible for performance of assigned lead program specialist duties..
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (All incumbents may not perform all duties).
- Organizes and supervises early childhood instruction, sports, seniors, mobile recreation, and day camp.
- Supervises and participates in the development of curriculum and the conduct of programs for the Recreation Division.
- Supervises, plans and organizes a variety of activities: arts/crafts, games, special events, sports, music/dance.
- Schedules work shifts of assigned program specialist staff; monitors work performance of assigned program specialists staff and reports performance to assigned supervisor.
- Trains assigned program specialists on the policies and procedures applicable to the work.
- Maintains and submits records and reports, handles money and makes up deposits, organizes registration forms, medical forms, and reviews and submits incident reports.
- Orders and maintains supplies and equipment for the assigned locations.
- Attends meetings as assigned.
- Work with parents/guardians of participants in reference to participant's behavior and discipline.
- Services as department representative at assigned league play and special events.
- Officiate sports contests as needed.
- Supervises and assures building grounds and physical facilities readiness.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Education and Experience :
- Three years of training or experience in Recreation, Physical Education, or closely related acceptable field or two years of training or experience in Recreation, Physical Education or closely related acceptable field and one year as Program Specialist with the City of North Las Vegas.
- Minimum age of 18.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate at time of hire/reclassification.
- Red Cross Lifeguard training Certificate at time of hire/reclassification.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record and ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver's license within required time frame.
- Clark County Health Card at time of hire/reclassification.
- People Group: Temporary
- Grade: TMP-8
- Minimum Salary: 11
- Maximum Salary: 11
- Pay Basis: HOURLY