Program Specialist – Sports
The City of North Las Vegas is excited to announce a recruitment for the position of Program Specialist! Candidates will be notified of their status at various times throughout the recruitment process.
• Salary - $12 per hour
• Classification - Part Time Temporary (DOES NOT include health or medical benefits)
• Shift work required - Varies (may be working an average of 19 hours per week during off season and 40+ hours during summer season - May through September). You must be able to work any shift (days, swings, or graveyard), any day of the week, to including weekends, holidays, and overtime. Hours will not exceed 938 per calendar year.
• Work location - Various recreational centers throughout North Las Vegas (please choose from dropdown menu your location preference)
• Application process - Select "Apply for Job" at the top of the announcement, complete all required information and remember to click "SUBMIT" at the end of your application.
• Background check - All applicants will undergo a background check including a drug screen. Applicants that are 18+ years of age will undergo a Child Abuse & Neglect Registry clearance.
Under direct supervision, independently carries out programs for both indoor and outdoor parks and recreation activities. Works directly with program participants in a physically active recreation program environment. Recreation program assignments are varied and may include early childhood, aquatics, golf course, sports (adult and youth), class instruction, seniors, mobile recreation, special events, safekey (before and after school - elementary youth), and day camp.
• Assists in setting-up and conducting recreational activities, field trips, and events.
• Registers participants and collects fees for activities and concessions.
• Maintains and submits records and reports, handles money and makes up deposits, organizes registration forms, medical forms, and reviews and submits incident reports.
• Provides quality customer service to facilitate recreation programs and activities.
• Monitors and checks out athletic and game equipment.
• Responds to public and internal phone inquiries and provides basic program information.
• Actively prepares, demonstrates, instructs and supervises small group recreational programs and activities.
• Assists with maintaining various program and participation records.
• Maintains a safe orderly environment during recreational activities.
• Performs general cleaning as needed to maintain a safe and sanitary facility.
• Regular and timely attendance is required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Training and Experience:
• Any combination of participation, education, training, volunteer or paid experience that demonstrates the ability to assist with parks and recreation program services at an entry level.
Licenses and Certifications:
The below required certifications must remain valid and current during employment for the City:
• Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate within three months of hire/reassignment.
• May require a valid Nevada driver's license and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
• May require a Clark County Health Card within three months of hire/reassignment.
• May require a Techniques of Alcohol Management card at time of hire/reassignment.
- People Group: Temporary
- Grade: TMP-9
- Minimum Salary: 12
- Maximum Salary: 12
- Pay Basis: HOURLY