Preschool Program Lead – Part-Time/Seasonal
Why join Team Henderson?
For the exciting opportunity to become part of a premier organization where you can make friends, have fun, and get paid!
What will you earn?
Starting wage for this position is $14.23 to $14.52 per hour (* Note that this is a part-time hourly position and does not include health/medical benefits .)
What type of work will you be doing?
Preschool Program Leads work in the department of Parks and Recreation and are assigned to work in our state-licensed preschool programs held at the Valley View Recreation Center. You will oversee program operation and serve as the on-site staff supervisor . We offer half-day and full-day programs and a camp option over the CCSD's summer and winter breaks. You can visit the Youth Programs webpage to learn more about these programs and hours of operation.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description
What kind of shifts/hours can you expect to work?
We have a range of program hours and do our best to provide scheduling flexibility dependent on your availability and where we need you to work.
- Annual average of 19 hours per-week (maximum per year 988 hours)
- Potentially 40 hours per-week during the summer season (May-August)
- Work hours may vary and include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and/or split shifts (example: before and after school)
What happens after you apply?
- Your application will be reviewed to make sure you meet the minimum requirements for this position.
- Before we can consider you, we need you to apply online! (Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee that you will be interviewed or hired).
- Your application will be active throughout the duration of this job bulletin until the specified closing date and time. You may be contacted at any time during the posting window.
- If your application isn't selected to move forward in this opening, you will have an opportunity to apply again during the next job bulletin posting.
What happens if I am contacted for an interview opportunity?
- You should be prepared to interview in a variety of settings such as in-person, virtually, or by phone.
- Please make sure your application includes a valid email address that you check regularly and a current phone number that is set up for voicemail, and please regularly check/clear your voice mailbox so we can leave you a message.
- We encourage you to sign up to receive SMS/text messages - you can opt-in when you apply!
This is a safety-sensitive position, which means that you are subject to drug testing if we offer you a position, as detailed under NRS 613(1)(d).
- Must be 18 years old at the time of application
- High school diploma or equivalent at the time of application or promotion
- Three (3) years of experience working in a childcare center or licensed preschool
- Note: An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Must successfully complete the following Nevada Registry initial training courses within the first 90 days of hire:
- American Red Cross Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation/First Aid Certification
- Signs & Symptoms of Illness
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Recognizing & Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect
- Human Growth & Development or Positive Guidance
Must complete continuing Child Wellness training as required by the Nevada Registry and/or the City.Must apply to become a member of The Nevada Registry within 90 days of hire, which must be renewed annually. Current members must supply proof of valid membership upon hire.Desirable: Associate's Degree in Child Development, Education, Early Childhood or closely related field.Desirable: Supervisory experience in a child care center or licensed preschool.Incumbent may be required to obtain additional certifications, complete in-service training and/or continuing education as required and as a condition of continued employment, and may be at the expense of the incumbent.
Required Documents/Assessment Information
Online Application and Supplemental Questions
You will be contacted by email or phone during the application and hiring process. It is your responsibility to check the email and voicemail for the contact information that you provided on your application. We can't leave you a message if your voicemail is not set up or is full, so please make sure that you set up, check, and clear out your voicemail during the application and hiring process.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Employment with the City may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer background investigation, medical/physical examination, and a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.
The City of Henderson offers part time employees a flexible work schedule and competitive salaries.
Closing Date/Time: 10/19/2023 3:00 PM Pacific