*The 14-day in-house notice is incorporated in this job announcement.
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Permit Technician in the Department of Community Development and Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to six (6) months.
Under general supervision, performs technical and specialized office support work processing building permit applications and issuing permits for new construction or building modifications within the City of Henderson; and performs related duties as assigned.
** NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES:
• Pursuant to the Teamsters collective bargaining agreement, regular full-time current employees successfully completing the testing process will be placed on an eligibility list to be used to fill vacancies in this classification for up to six (6) months.
• Probationary full-time, part-time and temporary employees who have worked at least three (3) continuous months with the CITY may apply for this recruitment. These employees and external candidates who successfully complete the testing process will be placed on separate lists, each of which may be used to fill vacancies for up to one (1) year. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified probationary full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees. If the vacancy is not filled using either of these two lists, the next opportunity is to hire external candidates.
External candidates, probationary full-time, part-time, and temporary City of Henderson employees will start at the first step of the salary range, if selected.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements.
Click here to learn more about the Department of Community Development and Services.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson .
- Graduation from high school, or the equivalent
- Three (3) years of full-time experience performing general clerical or secretarial support duties requiring attention to detail, application of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, and extensive public contact
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Desirable: Construction related knowledge and experience
Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
Virtual Written Examination (Weighted 50%) - Anticipated to be sent on Thursday, September 28, 2023, closing on Monday, October 2, 2023
(Best- Qualified Candidates)
Structured Selection Interview (Weighted 50%) - Thursday, October 5, 2023
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada and/or available via Microsoft Teams to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
CITY OF HENDERSON, NEVADA
Teamsters Contract Benefits Summary
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance - $75,000 Life Insurance on employee.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Medicare - Employee and City each pay 1.45%.
- Employer paid Membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- No Social Security tax on employee's wages.
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) program.
- The City provides a clothing and personal effects allowance for employees required to wear a uniform.
- A shoe allowance is provided on an annual basis to those employees required to wear safety shoes.
- Employee credited with 19 hours of annual leave at the end of the first six (6) months of employment. Annual leave will accrue from month 7 to month 12 at 3.167 hours per month (total 38 hours first year of employment).
- Accrued at 9.5 hours per month after first year through fifth year; 12.67 hours per month sixth through twelfth year; 15.83 hours per month upon completion of twelfth year and beyond.
- Accrued at 9.5 hoursper month from date of hire.
- Three consecutive days of leave, with pay, per occurrence, to attend funeral for immediate family member; increasedto one work week when funeral is held 400 statute miles or more from City of Henderson.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Two (2) floating holidays per year.
- Four day, 9.5 hour work day, 38 hour work week.
- Three day, 12 hour work day, 38 hour work week for certain positions.
- IRC 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- IRC 401A Deferred Compensation Plan (new/re-hired employees only)
- IRC125 Plan Flexible Benefits Plan
- Cancer/Catastrophic Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity and Credit Protection
- Employee Network Membership
Closing Date/Time: 9/12/2023 3:00 PM Pacific