Park Maintenance – Horticultural Attendant
- Parks and Recreation Specialist Band III
- Positions in this band may monitor the work of lower level staff and are responsible for program/service. Work tasks require problem solving on a regular basis, analysis of information and/or specialized knowledge of assigned area. Incumbents may work in isolation during assigned shift and/or have oversight on multiple locations.
- Incumbents work a flexible schedule 3-4 days per week, 4-6 hours per day
- Weekend work will be required
- Incumbents will be hired into one of the following work schedules:
- not to exceed 1,039 work hours within any fiscal year (the preferred work schedule) or
- 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or
- a maximum of six months employment working no more than 1,039 hours.
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Watering hanging baskets, planting, weeding in an outdoor environment.
- Gather and remove garbage and litter from grounds and facilities.
- Utilizes proper safety precautions related to all work performed.
- Field environment, travel from site to site using City vehicle.
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, gases, and potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Work in inclement weather conditions, on slippery or uneven surfaces and around heavy construction equipment.
- Evening, weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Age: 18
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: One year paid work experience
- Licenses: Valid drivers' license
Experience: Six months horticulture or floriculture experience
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted on-line . Employment applications are also available at Parks and Recreation facilities.
For more information call the Parks and Recreation Maintenance Office 334-2270.
Taking applications until positions are filled.