Owners Rep QAQC Mechanical & Electrical Inspector (2 roles)
QCx QA Site Mechanical or Electrical Inspector (SI) Job Duties
The SIs will support the GDC Data Center Quality team's mission "To Design, Build, Operate a Fact-Based Quality Management System that Provides Predictable Quality and a Closed Loop Learning Culture from Design through Operations for our Global Data Centers". SIs will develop a field, hands-on knowledge of all the CSA and MEP systems for the Site QA Leader. This role acts as the Owner's official "acceptance" of installation before progressing to the next Level of construction or commissioning.
General Description / Duties:
- Review the contract documents, Owner Project Requirements, and Basis of Design for familiarity.
- Review the GC's QA/QC plan and provide comments to the Owner for consideration.
- Attend the daily Startup and Cx meeting
- Attend the weekly GC Quality Meeting
- As required, attend site MEP coordination meetings, pull planning meeting, ?rst of kind (FOK) meetings, preparatory meetings, and any other project coordinator level meetings, deemed necessary by the Owner.
- Oversee the development of the "First in Place" installation procedures developed by the GC for review and acceptance by the Owner.
- Review L2 inspections which include, First of a Kind (FOAK) mock-ups, Set In Place inspections, Pre-Energization Inspection, and Final Clean Inspections
- Provide a Weekly / Monthly review of the Schedule as it relates to quality activities. Report to the site Owner team concerns with quality activities as it relates to the planned performance metrics.
- Provide overview of the process of review and signoff in coordination with GC schedule
- Development of a BIM 360 based Discrepancies Log (DL) for tracking of all discrepancies found and track the discrepancy through to its corrective action and subsequent inspection prior to energization and Level 3 Cx
- Development of pre-functional inspection checklists with the vendors for all pieces of major MEP equipment.
- Provide general oversight of GC & Subcontractor QA/QC plans. Provide feedback to the Owner where deviation from the Owner's Project Manual section
- Conduct observations of MEP & FP trades to ensure equipment, pathways, and general means & methods are in compliance with the drawings, specifications, industry standards and coordinated 3D model.
- Provide oversight of receipt inspections of major MEP equipment as it arrives to the job site.
- Ensure DL items are closed out prior to start-up and acceptance testing
- Participate in the Level 2 Yellow Tag sign off walks with the GC, installer and Owner team.
- Attend 100% FOAK equipment energizations and vendor L3 startup activities.
- Attend 100% there after or as coordinated with the Owner's operations team.
Electrical QA Specific Description / Duties:
- Provide dedicated oversight to ensure the Medium Voltage Electrical Excellence Program is implemented with client electrical engineer, Construction Manager (Holder Construction Company), and electrical contractor(s)
- The QA/QC contractor shall oversee the execution of the sitewide Medium Voltage Electrical Excellence Program which includes: qualified installer and training tracking log, qualified installer identification methods, manhole installation quality checklist, medium voltage cable termination quality checklist, medium voltage excellence program data repository, and routine (4-5 hours/week) field inspections.
- Provide oversight and observe electrical contractor Torque & Tightness Checks and applying Anti-Sabotage Torque Inspector's Lacquer for the electrical equipment is followed. Sample 10% of all markings of each piece of equipment to be commissioned, but no less than 2 pieces of equipment. Sampling shall be applied to each zone, area and spread across as much of the building to ensure a thorough cross section has been observed. First of Kind torquing DOES NOT count towards this sampling effort. QA/QC Contractor shall apply WHITE Torque lacquer to identify their sampling.
- Review a 10% sampling of the NETA test reports and ensure deficiencies are addressed and documented in the DL. The CxA is responsible for 100% review.
- Systems Included in the Electrical Scope of Work:
- Fire Alarm Detection
- Dry Type and Oil filled Transformers
- MV Substations
- Battery Monitoring
- 125 VDC Systems
- UPS Systems
- BMS devices
- PMS/SCADA Controls Platform (Electrical Distribution)
- Transfer Switch (ATS) and Transfer Switchgear
- Distribution Panels
- Medium/Low voltage pathways and conductors
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Short Circuit Coordination and Arc Flash (SCCAF) Studies (Verification)
- MV/LV Switchgear
- Mechanical Distribution Panels
- Grounding System
- Standby Generators
- Security rough-in
Mechanical QA Specific Description / Duties:
- Witness a 10% sampling of the performance of the TAB procedure including the FOAK testing.
- Witness and document a 10% sampling of ductwork leakage testing is performed according to the specifications including the FOAK testing.
- Inspect the HVAC ductwork for correctness and cleanliness as it is being installed and check the inspections are documented document the inspections throughout the project.
- Inspect all of the RTUs and AHUs for cleanliness before any pre-functional tests are performed to ensure downstream ductwork is kept clean including the FOAK installation. Document any deficiencies observed in the DL
- Review the welding QA/QC process, 10% sampling of reports and verify any deficiencies are documented in the DL. The QA/QC Contractor to review deficiencies have been corrected.
- Systems Included in the Mechanical Scope of Work:
- Process Water Distribution (PCW) piping and systems
- HVAC ductwork distribution systems
- Temperature, Pressure, and Flow Detectors
- Leak Detection
- Exhaust Fans
- Server floor HVAC and controls
- RTUs and AHUs
- TWMU and Fire Protection Water Storage Tanks
- Fuel Distribution Piping and System
- 10+ years of relevant work experience on large scale construction projects with a focus on a specific discipline (Electrical or Mechanical).
- 5+ years of hyperscale datacenter construction experience with hands-on field installation and/or inspection experience.
- Experience in a quality control role with extensive knowledge of data center structural, electrical, mechanical and/or controls equipment.
- Ability to read and understand critical project documentation such as test plans, design documents, specifications, Cx scripts, etc.
- Proven ability to work with internal and external partners (project managers, superintendents, operations teams, commissioning agents, etc.) in a positive, productive way that encourages collaboration.
- Strong testing proficiency using quality engineering testing techniques, methodologies and best practices leveraging test management tools.
- Familiarity with scheduling software such as P6.
- Familiarity with BIM Field or BIM 2.0
- Familiarity with SQL, Tableau, Metrics Dashboards, Data Visualization and Google G Suite Apps.
- Ability to apply initiative and judgment to define and perform tasks, sometimes complex, and sees the bigger picture.
- Quality Management certifications with emphasis in Construction.
- Resume experience showing former superintendent, foreman duties as an electrical, mechanical contractor is a plus.