Network Engineer III*
*This is an open and continuous recruitment that will remain open for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days and close without notice once a sufficient pool of highly qualified candidates has been created.
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill two (2) vacancies for the classification of Network Engineer III in the Department of Information Technology. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under minimal supervision, architects, installs, configures, maintains, and supports network environments (Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), and wireless networks), software, and related infrastructure; and performs related duties as assigned.
More information about the position:
The Network Engineer III position works with 7 other network engineers to build, maintain, architect, and expand the City's enterprise network infrastructure. The network team is a critical resource that plays an integral role in almost every technology project around the city. We maintain a consistent training budget, 4-day work weeks, and an upbeat work environment focused on innovation. We have flexible options for hybrid telecommuting.
What does the City of Henderson offer?
- A four (4) day work week
- A robust benefits package, with more information found here , including a generous number of leave days and holidays
- Substantial employee wellness and mental health benefits
- The City of Henderson is a part of the Nevada Public Employee Retirement Systems (NV PERS) and makes PERS contributions on the employee's behalf. More information pertaining to NV PERS can be found here at the State of Nevada's PERS website.
- Flexible hybrid teleworking options are available
- No state income tax or social security tax
- Typical working hours for this position will be Monday - Thursday from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Why choose Henderson?
- Just minutes away from Las Vegas - Henderson has grown into a vibrant city with a population of over three hundred and thirty thousand and is the second largest city in Nevada. Henderson is known for its small-town charm, big-city efficiencies, and high quality of life, including our parks and recreation amenities.
- Henderson is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies, as well as a two-time Gold Medal recipient.
- Henderson is consistently voted one of the best and safest places to live.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements .
Click here to learn more about the Department of Information Technology.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in information technology, computer science, or a related field.
- Seven (7) years of experience in network engineering which involved the maintenance of WANs, LANs, and wireless networks, software and related infrastructure.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.
- Must obtain and maintain one certification within one core service area as aligned with job duties and identified by the department within one (1) year from the date of appointment as a condition of continued employment:
- Wireless Connectivity Services
- Local Area Network Connectivity Services
- Wide Area Network Connectivity Services
- Internet Connectivity Services
- Remote Connectivity Services
- Firewall Services
- Load Balancer Services
- Internet Filtering Services
- Security Services
Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
Preliminary Assessment (Pass/Fail) - Dates to be determined
Oral Board Interview (Weighted 100%) - Dates to be determined
Selection Interview - Dates to be determined
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a post-offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
CITY OF HENDERSON, NEVADA
Full-Time Regular Non-Represented
Position Benefits Summary
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance - $50,000 or one times annual salary, whichever is higher.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medicare - Employee and City each pay 1.45%.
- Employer paid membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- No Social Security tax on employee's wages.
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) program.
- Service based retiree health insurance subsidy.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO)
- From date of hire, employee is credited with a minimum of 18 days* of PTO prorated by the number of full months remaining in the calendar year, not including the month of hire. In January of each year, employee will be provided with a lump sum annual allocation of PTO as follows:
- Second year through fifth calendar years of service- 22 days
- Sixth year through twelfth calendar years of service - 26 days
- Thirteenth calendar year of service and beyond - 30 days
*Actual number of days of PTO granted may vary by position.
- Four consecutive days of leave, with pay, per occurrence, to attend funeral for immediate family member.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Holidays that fall on a day the employee is not scheduled to work will be banked. Employees may accumulate up to 152 hours of banked holiday hours at any given time.
- Employee credited with two (2) floating holidays at the beginning of each calendar year. If hired prior to July 1, employee will be credited with two (2) floating holidays and if hired between July 1 and October 31, employee will be credited with one (1) floating holiday.
- Four day, 9.5 hour work day, 38 hour work week.
- Four day, 10 hour work day, 40 hour work week for Police PERS positions.
- IRC 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- IRC 401A Deferred Compensation Plan (new/re-hired employees only)
- IRC125 Plan Flexible Benefits Plan
- Cancer/Catastrophic Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity and Credit Protection
- Employee Network Membership
NOTE: Benefits subject to change based on the discretion of the City Manager or City Council.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous