Serve your community. Make a difference. Grow your career. MEANINGFUL WORK awaits you here at the City of North Las Vegas. We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow! If you value Accountability, Communication, and Teamwork then you are just the person we are looking for!
A Marketing Specialist is an essential member of our team, we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV'S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this announcement and click "SUBMIT" at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations -The salary range for the position is $61,114.36 to $97,361.16. Starting salary is dependent on education, qualifications, and experience, but will not exceed the midpoint of the range.
- Work Schedule - This position is scheduled to work 4 days per week, 9 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm
Under general direction, responsible for engagement, reach, and growth, as well as communicating and promoting the City's initiatives, mission, and goals through all media platforms. Develops, manages, and optimizes the City's marketing, advertising, and media campaigns and content across a variety of platforms.
The full job description can be found here: Marketing Specialist
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits
Education and Experience :
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing,
public relations, communications, or a closely-related field; and
• Minimum of three (3) years recent professional work experience in marketing, public relations,
Communications, paid media or a closely-related field.
• Fluency in Spanish, both oral and written, is desirable.
• Equivalency: Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge,
skills and abilities required for the job and related to the essential functions of the position.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must possess a valid Nevada state driver's license or have the ability to obtain, and maintain Satisfactory motor vehicle record
Complete online application - Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City's application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments. Oral Panel Interview - Weighted 100%, Passing Score 70% Pre-Employment Screening - Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history check via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening. Although there have been recent changes to laws regarding the legal possession and consumption of marijuana, the City of North Las Vegas will continue to adhere to its professional standards and guidelines as it relates to recent and continuous use of the drug. Selection/Offers.
The selection process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Victor Figueroa | Talent Acquisition Partner
- People Group: Appointed
- Grade: ACE-19
- Minimum Salary: 61114.36
- Maximum Salary: 97361.16
- Pay Basis: YEARLY