International Market Executive (Sales)
The International Market Executive manages designated countries and its ambassadors and develops programs and initiatives ensuring the LVCVA's international strategic efforts and goals are met. This position oversees all day-to-day activities of contracted third-party companies and staff representing the LVCVA in assigned areas and select countries without full time representation.
What You'll Do:
Keep in mind that this list is not all inclusive.
- Manage all financial and budget responsibilities of each designated country, to include budget planning, funding requests, expenditure approvals, invoicing and related financial approvals within fiscal guidelines and LVCVA policies.
- Hold contracted third-party offices responsible for their contractual obligations to the LVCVA, including achieving their Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) goals, submitting invoices in a timely manner, and adhering to local and international privacy law for the management of client information on behalf of the LVCVA.
- Motivate, train, cultivate and oversee ambassadors and markets remotely. Develop, approve, implement and supervise the execution of all marketing plans and marketing efforts while adhering to strategic business objectives of the LVCVA. Supervise and execute educational programs, trade shows, workshops, sales missions and customer development events that 1) expand and enhance the Las Vegas presence in designated countries and/or 2) creates opportunities for our resort partners to reach the appropriate travel distribution channels.
- Collaborate with LVCVA departments that work with the international contracted third-party representation offices including but not limited to Public Relations, Digital Engagement, Airline Development, Destination Group Sales, and Advertising to ensure a cohesive message from the home office and brand integrity is consistent. Understand, demonstrate and, when needed, guide the LVCVA with regards to cultural sensitivity of the business traditions and cultures of the regions and countries assigned.
- Prepare required administrative documents that support activities such as board agenda items, expense reports, trade shows, trip reports, performance management and other items related to the division's activities and performance. Prepare travel arrangements, documentation and accompany Board Members when traveling to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Serve as a market expert and facilitate communication between all levels of management in the resort community and facilitators of travel and meeting professionals while utilizing knowledge of the product offerings of both Las Vegas and Clark County. Develop and maintain strong relationships with airlines, travel buyers, agents, wholesalers, key distribution channels, Brand USA, US Embassies/Commercial Services and resort partners.
- Provide recommendations of international third-party representation companies to be invited to the LVCVA's Request for Proposal (RFP) selection process. Review, rate and make final recommendations for representation contracts to be issued in assigned countries.
- Provide recommendations to LVCVA's assigned consumer advertising agency for joint marketing promotions (co-op) in select international markets. Collaborate on strategies, plans and execution of events and activities together with said agency and its contracted third-party representatives for maximum branding opportunities and results.
- Secure current and new business by generating new leads and bookings for Clark County resort partners. Retain current knowledge of sales disciplines, industry trends, competitive set, economic and product developments and other factors that may affect the decision to utilize Las Vegas.
- Serve as spokesperson to members of the media and the public in both English and local language, as appropriate.
- Travel domestically and internationally for events related to the position, i.e., tradeshows, sales calls, client development events and other functions as necessary.
- Serve in the absence of the Senior Director of Global Sales as the key point of contact in the division for meetings, special events and other departmental functions.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- Four to six years increasingly responsible experience in related marketing area; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Four to six years' previous management experience required; preferably in a marketing role
- Destination marketing and/or resort industry experience preferred
- Ability to write reports, budgets, business correspondence, sales collateral, and procedure manuals
- Strong foreign language skills are preferred
- Advanced verbal and communication skills to effectively write and speak to top management, public groups and/or board of directors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Must travel for extended periods when necessary
- Current U.S. Passport for international travel required
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the LVCVA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org