Forensic Laboratory Evidence/Administrative Technician I*
* The 14-day in-house notice is incorporated in this job announcement. This position is open to the first 50 qualified applicants, and will close without notice once that number has been reached.
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Forensic Laboratory Evidence/Administrative Technician I in the Police Department. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under general supervision, performs a broad range of specialized functions involving the handling, documentation and tracking of forensic evidence along with completion of administrative tasks, some of which are unique to a forensic laboratory; and performs related duties as assigned.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business management, business administration or public administration
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible or directly related administrative experience
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must have sufficient keyboarding skills of 45 net words per minute
- Must complete training for criminal witness testimony within six (6) months of appointment.
- Required to obtain certification in JLink, National Crime Information Center (NCIC), Shared Computer Operations for Protection and Enforcement (SCOPE) and Law Enforcement Records Management System (RMS) within one (1) year of hire, and maintain annual re-training and certification.
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check.
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment.
- Desirable: Knowledge of operational forensic laboratory procedures and department policies.
Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
Typing Test (Not Weighted) - Thursday, October 7, 2021
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Oral Review Board (Weighted 100%) - Tuesday, October 12, 2021
(Best Qualified Candidates)
Selection Interview - Thursday, October 14, 2021
(Top Scoring Candidates)
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
IMPORTANT : Appointment is subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation, polygraph examination, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job . As part of the background investigation, all claims of education and experience made in the employment application process, as well as other information submitted, will be verified.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
IMPORTANT: Appointment is subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation, polygraph examination, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. As part of the background investigation, all claims of education and experience made in the employment application process, as well as other information submitted, will be verified.
NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The selection process should be completed within four (4) months of the closing date. Candidates may reapply when there is a vacancy and a posting to establish an eligibility list. Some candidates may be disqualified indefinitely due to the results of their background investigation.
*NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES*
- Pursuant to the Teamsters collective bargaining agreement, regular full-time current employees successfully completing the testing process will be placed on an eligibility list to be used to fill vacancies in this classification for up to six (6) months.
- Probationary full-time, part-time and temporary employees who have worked at least three (3) continuous months with the CITY may apply for this recruitment. Candidates successfully completing the testing will be placed on a separate hire list. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified probationary full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees.
Closing Date/Time: 10/6/2021 3:00 PM Pacific