Entry Police Officer
Exciting Announcement! - We are offering up to $40,000 in HIRING BONUSES!
These include bonuses for Lateral Officers, Veterans, a Relocation Bonus, and an Employee Referral Bonus*. (*All subject to requirements and at the discretion of the hiring agency.)
For more information please click on these documents:
Police Officer Incentive Flyer
Lateral Bonus Information
Serve your community. Make a difference. Grow your career. MEANINGFUL WORK awaits you here at the City of North Las Vegas. We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow! If you value Accountability, Communication, and Teamwork then you are just the person we are looking for!
An Entry Police Officer is an essential member of our team, we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV'S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this announcement and click "SUBMIT" at the end of your application.
- Testing Requirement- You must take the National Testing Network exam before moving forward in the application process.
- Shift work required - This position supports an operation that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You must be able to work any shift (days, swings, or graveyard), and any day of the week, to including weekends, holidays, and overtime. Currently, the schedule consists of 10-hour shifts and are divided into two squads with days off being Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, or Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- Must successfully complete probation - The 18 month probation period, which includes six months in the Police Academy and six months in the Field Training Program. Employees will be required to learn, memorize, and apply material, including self-study of material. Employees will be evaluated on a daily basis.
- Pay Considerations - The starting hourly pay for this position is $28.86 (step 1). The selected candidate for this position will start at the beginning of the salary range, no exceptions.
Under direct supervision of chain of command, this position is responsible for the performance of professional police work in preserving and protecting public peace and safety, protecting life and preventing crime through proper enforcement of the law.
The full job description can be found here: Police Officer Job Description
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits Flyer
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of filing.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED at time of filing.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen at time of filing.
Licenses and Certifications
- Ability to obtain a Nevada P.O.S.T. Police Officer Certification (within established state time frame).
- Must possess a valid and current state driver's license at time of application. Must possess a valid and current NV state driver's license at time of hire and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record for duration of employment.
1. Complete online application - Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City's application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments.
2. National Testing Network comprehensive test; To test for this position, visit www.NationalTestingNetwork.com
Testing on NTN $55
Testing with NLVPD FREE * (Contact us for your voucher!)
Starting your career in law enforcement PRICELESS
Complete the process in 1 day at City Hall: Written Exam, Physical Fitness Test, Fingerprints,
and invitation to the background process.
Contact our Recruiting Division at : 702-633-2255 or email us at JoinNLVPD@cityofnorthlasvegas.com
3. Physical Fitness Test
4. Pre-Employment Screening -Background Screening/Investigation Includes an extensive background check, polygraph/CVSA examination, medical/drug screen exam, and a psychological evaluation. All top scoring candidates must pass the Background Investigation in order to move forward in the process. Applicants who proceed in the selection process will be required to complete an extensive police background. Among other items, the following are disqualifying behaviors:
Any felony conviction.
Any domestic violence conviction.
Gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor convictions will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Although there have been recent changes to laws regarding the legal possession and consumption of marijuana, the City of North Las Vegas will continue to adhere to its professional standards and guidelines as it relates to recent and continuous use of the drug.
5. Conditional Offer Letter
The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Phone: 702-633-2255 or 702-633-1755
YouTube: North Las Vegas Police Department
For Internal referrals please reach out to:
Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
- People Group: Police Non Supervisor
- Grade: POA-66
- Minimum Salary: 28.86
- Maximum Salary: 48.66
- Pay Basis: HOURLY