Economic Development Data Researcher
Serve your community. Make a difference. Grow your career. MEANINGFUL WORK awaits you here at the City of North Las Vegas. We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow! If you value Accountability, Communication, and Teamwork then you are just the person we are looking for!
A Economic Development Data Researcher is an essential member of our team, we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV'S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this announcement and click "SUBMIT" at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations - The salary range for the position is $61,114.36 - $97,361.16. Starting salary is dependent on education, qualifications, and experience. The selected candidate for this position will start at the beginning of the salary range, no exceptions.
- Work Schedule - This position is scheduled to work 4 days per week, 9 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm
Under general direction, performs professional-level economic development planning, including long term planning for business and economic development, research, fiscal analysis, project development, and program implementation on a variety of land-use and economic data.
The full job description can be found here: Economic Development Data Researcher
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits Flyer
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Economics, Economic Development, Geography, Urban Planning, Marketing, Public Administration or closely related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of progressive experience in conducting research in economics, CRM software experience, managing websites and planning development
Licenses and Certifications
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain a satisfactory motor vehicle record with the ability to obtain an appropriate Nevada state driver's license.
1. Complete online application - Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City's application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments.
2. Oral Board Interview (Weighted 100% Passing Score 70%)
3. Pre-Employment Screening - Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history check via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening
The selection process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Partner
- People Group: Appointed
- Grade: ACE-19
- Minimum Salary: 61114.36
- Maximum Salary: 97361.16
- Pay Basis: YEARLY