Deputy Director Grants
Serve your community. Make a difference. Grow your career. MEANINGFUL WORK awaits you here at the City of North Las Vegas. We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow! If you value Accountability, Communication, and Teamwork then you are just the person we are looking for!
The Deputy Director of Grants is an essential member of our team, we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV'S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
- Submit a complete application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application, and answer ALL questions. Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this announcement and click "SUBMIT" at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations -The salary range for the position is $102,894 - $167,894. Starting salary is dependent on education, qualifications, and experience, although incumbents can expect to start between the minimum of the range and up to around the 25 th percentile of the range.
- Work Schedule - The schedule consists of Monday- Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm. This exempt position is an in person role required to physically be in the office/worksite, and will be required to balance work around deadlines, which may include work after hours and on weekends.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position assists the Grants Director in strategic planning, directing, managing and overseeing the activities and operations of the award functions of the Department, including identifying external funding opportunities, developing processes and procedures, ensuring compliance, grants related training, preparation of various internal and external reports, grant development and writing, management of various grant related portals and supervision of assigned staff. Serves as backup in the absence of the Director.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in grants accounting.
- High attention to detail.
- Continuous process improvement experience - evaluating processes for efficiency, including developing, streamlining, and documenting processes while striving for innovation, flexibility, and integration with technology.
- Strong leadership and leadership development skills - proven to effectively lead teams and develop, train, and coach team members.
- Diplomacy and political savvy to communicate, influence, and inform members of Council, Senior Leadership, and Directors while maintaining an open mind and flexibility.
- Strategic alignment ability to support city-wide initiatives through appropriate grant submittals.
- Self-motivated and driven in order to manage own work and projects around critical deadlines.
- Strong experience managing remote teams, including keeping staff engaged, productive, and effectively monitoring work progress of in person and remote teams.
The full job description can be found here: Deputy Director of Grants Job Description
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits Flyer
ABOUT THE CITY
Located on the north side of the Las Vegas Valley, North Las Vegas is one of Nevada's fastest growing cities. North Las Vegas is characterized by its friendly atmosphere, development opportunities, civic pride and responsive government. Located in Clark County, the 104 square-mile City is surrounded by majestic mountains, desert valleys and an underlying current of dynamic growth. Sunshine is enjoyed 86% of the year with an average daily temperature of 78 degrees. North Las Vegas has something for everyone including vacation, recreational, cultural and historical attractions. This is an exciting time in the history of North Las Vegas. North Las Vegas is a unique community to live, work and play!
Click here to learn more about our City!
Click here to view our organizational structure.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The City of North Las Vegas Grants Department is responsible for the administration and oversight of a variety of community programs funded through local, state and federal grant dollars. The Department's work enables the City to effectively use this public funding to support programs that create opportunities for residents of the City of North Las Vegas to thrive in an engaged and vibrant community.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field with extensive professional knowledge of the principles and practices of grants management.
- Eight (8) years of professional level experience in grants development and management with five (5) years at supervisory level.
- M aster's degree Public Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field
- Remote staff management experience.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential functions of the position. The City assesses one (1) year of full-time work experience as equivalent to one (1) year of education.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Professional certification as a Certified Grants Management Specialist (CGMS) is preferred.
The selection process will begin with a screening of the application/resume. The best qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the assessment process. The selection process will include (dates to be determined):
- A virtual screening interview
- An in person interview
- A selection interview
This process may be modified to include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history check via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening.
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Maria Kennison, Assistant HR Director, KennisonM@cityofnorthlasvegas.com
- People Group: Assistant Department Directors
- Grade: ADD-42
- Minimum Salary: 102894.81
- Maximum Salary: 167894.4
- Pay Basis: YEARLY