Customer Service Specialist I (Part-Time)*
*This recruitment is limited to the first 150 applications received by Human Resources and will close without notice once that number has been reached.
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create a consideration for hire list and fill one (1) part-time vacancy for the classification of Customer Service Specialist I in the Department of Utility Services. The consideration for hire list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under general supervision, performs specialized duties within the Customer Service and Billing/Collections Section of the Department of Utility Services, assists customers with requests and issues regarding City utility services, and performs related duties as assigned.
1. This is a part-time, PERS Eligible, position
2. This position will work, on average, 29 hours/week
3. This position does NOT qualify for medical benefits/insurance, or pay increases
Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements.
Click here to learn more about the Department of Utility Services.
Click here to see what it's like to visit/live in Henderson.
- Graduation from high school, or the equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience performing general clerical or customer service duties involving direct contact with the public
- Skill in typing sufficient to type 25 net words per minute at the time of application
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
This position requires candidates to type 25 net words per minute. Candidates will be required to complete an online typing test to verify that they meet the minimum typing requirements listed in the job description. All candidates with complete applications will be sent an email with a link to the typing test. This test must be completed by the date/time listed in the notice/invite. Candidates who successfully complete the online typing test will be moved to a minimum qualification review. Since this online typing test is un-proctored, candidates will be required to validate their typing test (retest) in a proctored environment during the skills test and will be required to pass the typing portion based on the number of net words per minute (WPM) listed in the minimum qualifications on the job description. Candidates must pass all typing tests in order to move forward in the recruitment process.
There are free practice typing tests online if you would like to gauge your speed and practice prior to the assessment date. However, you must pass the test we administer, and we will utilize the score you receive from our exam.
Online Typing Assessment* - Invitations are anticipated to be sent out on Tuesday, September 05, 2023. Candidates will have 24 hours to complete the virtual initial typing test.
Written Examination with Typing Test Validation* (Weighted 40%) - Monday, September 11, 2023
(Candidates Who Meet Minimum Qualifications and Pass the Initial Typing Test)
*Candidates will be required to pass the typing portion of the written examination based on the number of net words per minute (WPM) listed in the minimum qualifications. There are free practice typing tests online if you would like to gauge your speed and practice prior to the assessment date. However, you must pass the test we administer, and we will utilize the score you receive from our exam.
Structured Selection Interview (Weighted 60%) - Monday, September 18, 2023
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
CITY OF HENDERSON, NEVADA
Teamsters Contract Benefits Summary
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance - $75,000 Life Insurance on employee.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Medicare - Employee and City each pay 1.45%.
- Employer paid Membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- No Social Security tax on employee's wages.
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) program.
- The City provides a clothing and personal effects allowance for employees required to wear a uniform.
- A shoe allowance is provided on an annual basis to those employees required to wear safety shoes.
- Employee credited with 19 hours of annual leave at the end of the first six (6) months of employment. Annual leave will accrue from month 7 to month 12 at 3.167 hours per month (total 38 hours first year of employment).
- Accrued at 9.5 hours per month after first year through fifth year; 12.67 hours per month sixth through twelfth year; 15.83 hours per month upon completion of twelfth year and beyond.
- Accrued at 9.5 hoursper month from date of hire.
- Three consecutive days of leave, with pay, per occurrence, to attend funeral for immediate family member; increasedto one work week when funeral is held 400 statute miles or more from City of Henderson.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Two (2) floating holidays per year.
- Four day, 9.5 hour work day, 38 hour work week.
- Three day, 12 hour work day, 38 hour work week for certain positions.
- IRC 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- IRC 401A Deferred Compensation Plan (new/re-hired employees only)
- IRC125 Plan Flexible Benefits Plan
- Cancer/Catastrophic Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity and Credit Protection
- Employee Network Membership
Closing Date/Time: 9/5/2023 3:00 PM Pacific