The City of Henderson is accepting applications for Cook to fill one (1) current part-time vacancy in the Police Department.
Under general supervision, performs work of routine difficulty planning and preparing meals for inmates and staff within the Henderson Detention Center; and performs related duties as assigned.
- This is a part-time, at-will position
- This position requires enrollment in the City's Alternate Retirement System (ARS)
- This position is NOT eligible for any health insurance or retirement benefits under the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) of Nevada
- This position may be required to work a schedule that is not permanent (i.e. the schedule may change as a result of departmental needs). There is no guarantee of set work hours or schedule.
Your current Food Handler Safety Training Card must be attached to your application.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description and physical requirements.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent
- Three (3) years full-time experience preparing meals for an institutional or commercial kitchen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Must possess a valid Food Handler Safety Training Card at the time of application.
- Desirable: Experience in preparing meals for a detention center and directing inmates assigned to work in the kitchen.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATION
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
3) Current Food Handler Safety Training Card (please attach your card to the "Attachments" section of your application, click here for attachment instructions)
Structured Selection Interview (Weighted 100%) - Thursday, March 5, 2020
(Best Qualified Candidates)
All applicants will be notified via e-mail or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson on-line application system. Please check your e-mail on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department in writing prior to the close of the recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a medical/physical examination including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
*NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES*
Probationary full-time, part-time and temporary employees who have worked at least three (3) continuous months with the CITY may apply for this recruitment. Candidates successfully completing the testing will be placed on a separate hire list. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified probationary full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees.
IMPORTANT : Appointment is subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation, polygraph examination, medical/physical examination, drug and alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job . As part of the background investigation, all claims of education and experience made in the employment application process, as well as other information submitted, will be verified.
NOTE: The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The selection process should be completed within four (4) months of the closing date. Candidates may reapply when there is a vacancy and a posting to establish an eligibility list. Some candidates may be disqualified indefinitely due to the results of their background investigation.
Closing Date/Time: 2/25/2020 5:00 PM Pacific