Control Systems Technician
*The 14-day in-house notice is incorporated in this job announcement.
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Control System Technician in the Department of Utility Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to six (6) months or up to one (1) year, depending on employment status.**
Under general supervision, assists and performs a variety of skilled tasks involved in the installation, maintenance, and repair activities for process instrumentation, control systems, and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) equipment related to water, wastewater, and reclaimed water facilities for the Department of Utility Services; and performs related duties as required.
Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements.
Click here to learn more about the Department of Utility Services.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson.
NOTE: External candidates, probationary full-time, part-time, and temporary City of Henderson employees will start at the first step of the salary range, if selected.
** NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES:
• Pursuant to the Teamsters collective bargaining agreement, regular full-time current employees successfully completing the testing process will be placed on an eligibility list to be used to fill vacancies in this classification for up to six (6) months.
• Probationary full-time, part-time and temporary employees who have worked at least three (3) continuous months with the CITY may apply for this recruitment. These employees and external candidates who successfully complete the testing process will be placed on separate lists, each of which may be used to fill vacancies for up to one (1) year. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified probationary full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees. If the vacancy is not filled using either of these two lists, the next opportunity is to hire external candidates.
- Graduation from high school, trade school or vocational school supplemented by course work in electronics
- Two (2) years of experience in the electrical control field, with a strong math aptitude; one (1) year of experience must be directly related to fabrication, installation, maintenance and repair of electronic equipment, with general knowledge of PLC systems and programming
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Must obtain a Clark County Nevada Journeyman Electrician Card within twenty-four (24) months from the date of hire
- All required licenses and certificates, as mandated by local, state, and federal laws, or as required herein, must be obtained, and maintained at the incumbent's expense as a condition of continued employment
- Desirable: Experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment in water and wastewater treatment and pumping facilities or industrial facility
Required Documents/Assessment Information
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION:
1) Completed Employment Application
Written Examination (Weighted 100%) - Wednesday, October 04, 2023
Selection Interview - Thursday, October 12, 2023
All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada, and make themselves available to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.
CITY OF HENDERSON, NEVADA
Teamsters Contract Benefits Summary
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance - $75,000 Life Insurance on employee.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Medicare - Employee and City each pay 1.45%.
- Employer paid Membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- No Social Security tax on employee's wages.
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) program.
- The City provides a clothing and personal effects allowance for employees required to wear a uniform.
- A shoe allowance is provided on an annual basis to those employees required to wear safety shoes.
- Employee credited with 19 hours of annual leave at the end of the first six (6) months of employment. Annual leave will accrue from month 7 to month 12 at 3.167 hours per month (total 38 hours first year of employment).
- Accrued at 9.5 hours per month after first year through fifth year; 12.67 hours per month sixth through twelfth year; 15.83 hours per month upon completion of twelfth year and beyond.
- Accrued at 9.5 hoursper month from date of hire.
- Three consecutive days of leave, with pay, per occurrence, to attend funeral for immediate family member; increasedto one work week when funeral is held 400 statute miles or more from City of Henderson.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Two (2) floating holidays per year.
- Four day, 9.5 hour work day, 38 hour work week.
- Three day, 12 hour work day, 38 hour work week for certain positions.
- IRC 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- IRC 401A Deferred Compensation Plan (new/re-hired employees only)
- IRC125 Plan Flexible Benefits Plan
- Cancer/Catastrophic Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity and Credit Protection
- Employee Network Membership
Closing Date/Time: 9/27/2023 3:00 PM Pacific