Commercial Combination Inspector Trainee
Continue to serve your community, make a difference, and GROW your career! We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow!
A Commercial Combination Inspector Trainee is an essential member of our team and we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV'S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
This posting will create a non-probationary internal Teamster eligibility list and fill 1 vacancy for this classification. The current vacancy is in the Land Development And Community Services Department. The internal Teamster eligibility list will be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification, for up to one hundred twenty (120) days. Non-probationary Teamster team members successfully completing the selection process will be placed on the internal Teamster eligibility list.
Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this announcement and click "SUBMIT" at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations - The starting hourly pay for this position is $31.89. The selected candidate for this position will start at the beginning of the salary range, no exceptions. Existing employees will receive increases as outlined by their bargaining agreement.
- Work Schedule - This position is scheduled to work 4 days per week, 9 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm.
Inspects and trains on commercial building construction, renovation in progress and upon completion to verify continuous compliance with approved plans, specifications, applicable codes, ordinances and regulations. Trained to perform inspections, investigate and analyze problems and recommend solutions for more complex systems and construction; resolve issues relating to code compliance. Employees receive continuous instruction or assistance while being trained in inspection procedures, office practices and policies. Entry level Inspectors shall have a minimum of two certifications - ICC Commercial Building Inspector as well as one of the three: Electrical, Mechanical or Plumbing. Employees must obtain designation as a Commercial Combination Inspector within eleven (11) months of hire. Failure to meet the certification requirement within eleven (11) months will result in non-confirmation of employment.
The full job description can be found here: Commercial Combination Inspector Trainee
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of journey level experience within building construction trades.
Licenses and Certifications
- Possession of International Code Council (ICC) certification as a Commercial Building Inspector and one other discipline at time of hire: Electrical, Mechanical or Plumbing.
- A Commercial Combination Inspector Trainee will have the expectation of having all the four inspection areas (building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing) Commercial certifications within eleven (11) months of hire. Upon successful completion of probation, employee will be promoted to Combination Inspector.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record and ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver's license.
Complete online application - Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City's application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments. Oral Panel Interview - Weighted 100%, Passing Score 70% Pre-Employment Screening - Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history check via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening. Although there have been recent changes to laws regarding the legal possession and consumption of marijuana, the City of North Las Vegas will continue to adhere to its professional standards and guidelines as it relates to recent and continuous use of the drug. Selection/Offers.
Note: Subsequent vacancies during the life of the internal eligibility list may require participation in an additional selection interview. The selection interview will be weighted 100%, requiring a passing score of 70% in order to be considered for the subsequent position vacancy.
The selection process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Victor Figueroa | Talent Acquisition Partner
- People Group: Teamster Non Supervisor
- Grade: TNE-19
- Minimum Salary: 31.89
- Maximum Salary: 47.84
- Pay Basis: HOURLY