Asset Management Technician
Continue to serve your community, make a difference, and GROW your career! We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow!
An Asset Management Technician is an essential member of our team and we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV'S growing success!
Internal Notice for Teamster Team Members: This posting will create a non-probationary internal Teamster eligibility list and fill one (1) vacancy for this classification. The current vacancy is in the Neighborhood and Leisure Services (NLS) department. The internal Teamster eligibility list will be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification, for up to one hundred twenty (120) days. Non-probationary Teamster team members successfully completing the selection process will be placed on the internal Teamster eligibility list. All other team members including part-time/temporary employees along with external candidates may apply for this recruitment. These individuals may be considered after the appropriate recruitment process of the collective bargaining agreement has been followed. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by a full-time non-probationary Teamster team members, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified part-time/temporary employees and external candidates.
Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this announcement and click "SUBMIT" at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations - The starting hourly pay for this position is $29.77. The selected candidate for this position will start at the beginning of the salary range, no exceptions. Existing employees will receive increases as outlined by their bargaining agreement.
- Work Schedule - This position is scheduled to work 4 days per week, 9 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm.
Under general supervision, monitors the computerized Asset Management Software products, systems and business processes related to the City's assets, work orders and service management for NLS. Performs analytical, administrative and support duties related to the asset management and work order program; and performs related duties as assigned.
The full job description can be found here: Asset Management Technician
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits flyer
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or a closely related field and four or more years of progressively responsible related experience.
- Equivalency: May substitute a combination of equivalent education and experience to obtain the 6 year education and experience requirement. The city assesses 1 year of full time experience as equivalent to one year of education.
- G.E.D may be substituted for high school diploma.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record with the ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver's license within required time frame.
- Desirable: Certification as a Project Management Professional or Certification as a Certified Business Analyst
1. Complete online application - Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City's application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments.
2. Oral Board Interview (Weighted 100%, Passing Score 70%)
3. Pre-Employment Screening - Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history check via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening.
Note: Subsequent vacancies during the life of the internal eligibility list may require participation in an additional selection interview. The selection interview will be weighted 100%, requiring a passing score of 70% in order to be considered for the subsequent position vacancy.
The selection process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Cristina Petrilla, Talent Acquisition Partner
- People Group: Teamster Non Supervisor
- Grade: TNE-18
- Minimum Salary: 29.77
- Maximum Salary: 44.66
- Pay Basis: HOURLY