Aquatics – Swim Instructor
Aquatics - Swim Instructor
This position does not require a lifeguard certification. Employees will be tasked with teaching individuals how to swim and safely be in the water.
- Parks and Rec Specialist
- Positions in this band have direct supervision available.Work tasks are routine, repetitive, and/or narrowly defined.
- Less than 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or
- 233 hours or more in a quarter with a maximum of six months employment or
- Not to exceed 1,039 work hours within any fiscal year
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Under direction, teaches water safety, swimming and diving
- Plans daily program activities/schedules and organizes supplies and equipment necessary for instruction
- Assists in providing inclusive environment and accommodating participants with special needs
- Assists with special events
- Other duties assigned
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Swimming in water.
- Walking, standing, sitting and instructing swimming lessons.
- Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Work may be performed outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Lifting, moving or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- May work weekends and evenings.
- Age: 15
- Certifications: ARC Level 5 Swimming Skills
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted online at reno.gov/jobs. Applications are also available at Parks and Recreation facilities.
For more information, call the Aquatics Office at 775-657-4651.
Taking applications until positions are filled.