Aquatics – Cashier
Aquatics - Cashier
Employees in this position will be located at Northwest Pool, Traner Pool and/or Idlewild Pool. The position is responsible for handling customer transactions at the assigned locations and working with the public on a daily basis.
- Parks and Rec Specialist Band I
- Positions in this band have direct supervision available.Work tasks are routine, repetitive, and/or narrowly defined.
- Less than 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or
- 233 hours or more in a quarter with a maximum of six months employment or
- Not to exceed 1,039 work hours within any fiscal year
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Collects user fees and payments.
- Uses a computer and/or cash register for recording cash transactions.
- Completes cash reports.
- Greets customers, answers phone, and provides customer service.
- Registers customers for classes.
- Monitors facility entry and registration area.
- Performs record keeping activities.
- Cleans and performs light maintenance in and around the facility.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- May work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Age: 15
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted online at reno.gov/jobs. Applications are also available at Parks and Recreation facilities.
For more information, call the Aquatics Office at 775-657-4651.
Taking applications until positions are filled.