Adult Athletics – Sports Official
Adult Athletics - Sports Official
Salary/Pay Rate: $22.75 - 23.75 with experience/hour
The position is responsible for officiating adult softball and kickball at the Reno Sports Complex during weeknight evenings. This is an outdoor position that will include work in possible inclement weather.
Distinguishing CharacteristicsParks and Rec Specialist Band V
- Positions in this band have considerable technical prerequisites. Work tasks require knowledge, problem solving, analysis, skills, and abilities typically attained through education, certification programs or extensive work history. This position takes direction from the applicable Division Manager and/or Supervisor. Individuals work independently through completion of tasks.
- Less than 233 hours per quarter and may be year round or
- 233 hours or more in a quarter with a maximum of six months employment or
- Not to exceed 1,039 work hours within any fiscal year
Essential Functions & Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
- Officiates various sports leagues and activities (softball, baseball, basketball, volleyball, flag football, etc.)
- Interprets rules regarding sports play.
- Enforces policies, rules and regulations governing the conduct of facility patrons.
- Performs score keeping activities.
- Compiles reports on accidents and incidents.
- Conveys and exchanges verbal and written information.
- Walking or standing for prolonged periods of time.
- Walking on various surfaces including uneven ground that may be slippery.
- Work may be performed outdoors in a variety of weather extremes.
- Handling objects weighing up to 50 pounds for short distances.
- Education: Valid official's certification for sanctioned sport(s)
- Licenses: Valid driver's license
- Age: 18
- Experience: Previous officiating experience
- Certifications: CPR/AED, First Aid
A completed City of Reno Employment Application is required. Applications may be submitted online at reno.gov/jobs. Applications are also available at Parks and Recreation facilities.
For more information, call the Athletics Office at 775-657-4657.
Taking applications until positions are filled.